GREAT NEWS for Easter that restrictions have eased. This means that Easter services (Good Friday & Easter Sunday) will be happening at full capacity with restrictions that are listed below.
RESTRICTIONS FOR QUEENSLAND From 12PM April 1st 2021
INDOOR PREMISES: One person per 2m2 (e.g. restaurants, cafés, pubs, clubs, museums, art galleries, places of worship, convention centres and Parliament House), including standing eating and drinking.
In all areas of Queensland you must carry a face mask with you at all times when you leave home, unless you have a lawful reason not to. You must wear a mask in indoor spaces, such as:
- shopping centres, supermarkets, retail outlets and indoor markets
- hospitals and aged care facilities
- hospitality venues such as restaurants and cafés (not required for patrons while seated; customer facing staff only)
- churches and places of worship
- indoor recreational facilities and gym (except if doing strenuous exercise)
- indoor workplaces (where safe to wear a mask and you can’t physically distance)
- public transport, taxis and rideshare, and waiting places or queues for this transport
- airports and travelling on planes.
There are some exceptions to wearing a face mask, including:
- children under 12
- a person eating, drinking or taking medicine
- where visibility of the mouth is essential
- where a mask needs to be removed to clearly communicate
- a person with a particular medical condition or disability
- a person undergoing medical treatment
- if a person is asked to remove a face mask for identity purposes
- if wearing a mask creates a risk to a person’s health and safety
- for emergencies or when allowed by law
- in any circumstances when it’s not safe to wear a mask.